Financial Management for Non-Finance Specialists
Financial Management for Non-Specialists is a 2-day interactive course aimed at equipping non-finance managers with comprehensive knowledge of financial management principles and offers a strong foundation in corporate financial management and personal finance. Participants learn to interpret financial data in ways that enable them to improve their personal effectiveness and make more comprehensive and productive corporate contributions. The course is also designed for managers and professionals who are responsible for financial issues without necessarily having a job title or qualification to match. Participants are also taken through personal finance and investment.
The course will cover the following key areas:
- Introduction to accounting and application to finance
- The finance function and the operations of the financial market
- Interpreting financial statements
- Analysing corporate performance
- Managing working capital
- Personal finance and investment
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the role of the finance function and operations of the financial market
- Understand financial statements and evaluate corporate performance
- Understand corporate financing decisions
- Understand working capital management
- Appreciate and take the right personal financial and investment decisions
- Officers in non-finance positions
- Marketing, Human Resource, IT, Project, Technical, Production, Operations, Logistics, and Health professionals with administrative duties
- Entrepreneurs and SME Managers
- Individuals interested in improving their knowledge in personal finance and investment
- Professionals who wish to earn credit for their Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Dates: 29th – 30th January 2021 (2 days)
Time: 8:30am – 2pm
Closing Date for Registration: 25th January 2021
Mode of Delivery
The course will be delivered with a mix of facilitator-led discussion, syndicate group work, case studies as well as action learning tasks.
Certificates will be issued to participants upon completion of the course.
Fees: Local participants – GHS 700
Foreign participants – US$ 120
Participants will be provided with training materials and a free copy of the book “Abor, J. Y. (2018), Financial Markets and Institutions: A Frontier Market Perspective, 2nd Edition, Digibooks”.
Mobile: +233-509038498/ +233-557200192/ +233264633392
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Course to be delivered via ZOOM
Dr. Elikplimi K. Agbloyor is a Consultant at the Corporate Support Group Ltd and Senior Lecturer at the University of Ghana Business School. He is also a research fellow in the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences, University of Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa. He spent a year’s Sabbatical in Australia and was part of the Teaching Team for International Finance at the Monash Business School (a G8 University in Australia and ranked in the Top 100 globally). He is a financial economist, chartered accountant and risk management expert. He has several years of teaching, research and consulting experience. Elikplimi has also consulted for organizations including the International Finance Corporation (IFC), Ghana Oil and Gas for Inclusive Growth (GOGIG) and the National Banking College. He is a researcher with the African Economic and Research Consortium (AERC). Elikplimi has facilitated training programs in retirement planning for a number of institutions including SSNIT, WAEC, and the Ghana Ports and Harbour Authority (GPHA). Elikplimi has experience in managing investment portfolios and has traded CFDs, commodities, derivatives, ETFs and stocks.