FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT FOR NON-FINANCE SPECIALISTS
Financial Management for Non-Specialists is a 2-day interactive course aimed at equipping non-finance managers with comprehensive knowledge of financial management principles and offers a strong foundation in corporate financial management and personal finance. Participants learn to interpret financial data in ways that enable them to improve their personal effectiveness and make more comprehensive and productive corporate contributions. The course is also designed for managers and professionals who are responsible for financial issues without necessarily having a job title or qualification to match. Participants are also taken through personal finance and investment.
The course will cover the following key areas:
- Introduction to accounting and application to finance
- The finance function and the operations of the financial market
- Interpreting financial statements
- Analysing corporate performance
- Managing working capital
- Personal finance and investment
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the role of the finance function and operations of the financial market
- Understand financial statements and evaluate corporate performance
- Understand corporate financing decisions
- Understand working capital management
- Appreciate and take the right personal financial and investment decisions
- Officers in non-finance positions
- Marketing, Human Resource, IT, Project, Technical, Production, Operations, Logistics, and Health professionals with administrative duties
- Entrepreneurs and SME Managers
- Individuals interested in improving their knowledge in personal finance and investment
- Professionals who wish to earn credit for their Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Dates: 29th – 30th January 2021 (2 days)
Time: 8:30am – 2pm
Closing Date for Registration: 25th January 2021
Mode of Delivery
The course will be delivered with a mix of facilitator-led discussion, syndicate group work, case studies as well as action learning tasks.
Certificates will be issued to participants upon completion of the course.
Fees: Local participants – GHS 700
Foreign participants – US$ 120
Participants will be provided with training materials and a free copy of the book “Abor, J. Y. (2018), Financial Markets and Institutions: A Frontier Market Perspective, 2nd Edition, Digibooks”.